How To Care For Gymnastics Apparel
Here are instructions on how to wash leos with rhinestones:
- When the child takes off the leotard make sure to turn it inside out and air out, this will allow for moisture/sweat to evaporate. Always carry it in a mash bag so that air circulates around it.
- Hand wash the leotard, inside-out, in a sink full of cold water (lots of water to dilute color bleeding).
- No soaps, detergents, bleach or oxy-clean!
- Use table salt in the water to clean and sanitize the leotard. This also helps keep the fabric colors from running.
- Do not rub fabric together.
- Do not use any household stain removal products. If you have a stain use Dawn dish soap, on white use Hydrogen Peroxide, both in very small amounts. Use cotton swabs or q-tips, try it on a spot that is not visible first to make sure it is safe to use on the colors that you have.
- If you have to use a stain removal, use one of these:
- Do not let it soak for a long time, remove from water right away.
- Lay leotard on a towel and roll up to remove excess water and prevent bleeding then hang to dry. Never place it in the dryer!